Friday, January 31, 2014

adventure is calling...


SO. It's been quite some time since I've made any kind of effort to give this little corner of the digital world any kind of attention, but sometimes life throws you a few curve balls and suddenly you don't have time to really share recipes, diy inspo, life updates or anything else in between.

What's that saying? Try to tell God your plans and he'll just laugh at you...some days that seems pretty spot on. Luckily, it's the twists and turns and surprises and "whoa I never thought I would be doing this/saying this/feeling this" moments that really just make life grand.

Today is one of those days, though it certainly did take plenty of planning! Later tonight I head out for a 14 day adventure to INDIA! There's just a few hours left of work...a bus ride...a plane ride...and another plane ride standing in between me and what is sure to be one heck of a way to kick off 2014! 

Five of my friends and I are all heading to Mumbai to meet up with my girlfriend who has been living there for the past 8-9 months. From there, we will travel to Goa for some much needed beach time (you win polar vortex, I'm outta here), then to Dandeli for some time in the jungle (there may or may not be tree houses involved). Next, Hampi to explore ancient ruins and then finally Bangalore where we will be able to see where my girlfriend's family is from and even get to meet them! 

To say I am excited would be the understatement of the year. A friend asked what we were most looking forward to and for me, I can't wait to be immersed in a cultural, in a world that is drastically different than my own. To take in the sights, sounds, smells, tastes of a place I never thought I would visit. 

I can't wait to share my stories and pictures with you--I might even be able to post a few along the way, but until then....all adventurous women do. 



No comments:

Post a Comment