Wednesday, November 14, 2012

in the kitchen: black bean soup for two


sometimes simple really is best and that is just what this Black Bean soup is! I was able to whip it up in about 15 minutes for Ry and me to have for lunch this weekend, I thought it was really tasty. And a big thumbs up from Ry too :)

Black Bean Soup for Two adapted from A Beautiful Mess

1 can black beans
1 sm or med red onion
1/2 can of corn (I used creamed corn because it was all I had!)
1/2 med red pepper, chopped
1 1/2 cup vegetable or chicken stock
1/2 tsp cumin
salt + pepper
ancho seasoning (I used this because I did not have canned adobo pepper the original recipe called for)
Garnish: Tortilla chips, cilantro, avocado, cheddar cheese

Directions
1. Heat 1-1/2 tablespoon of olive oil and saute onions and peppers until somewhat soft. Season with the cumin and salt and pepper. Add in corn and saute for a few minutes.
2. Add in stock and black beans and continue cooking until it's nice and hot!
3. Serve with tortilla chips (we crushed ours up), cilantro and cheese on top....enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment