Saturday, October 13, 2012

a working weekend (for a good cause!)

this weekend is definitely a bit more about work than play. The organization I work for has their big annual Gala tonight and it'll be my first black tie event...too bad I'll be running around all night and not exactly "enjoying" it! Oh well, I am still looking forward to seeing everyone's hard work come together and hope that all the guests really enjoy some of the new things we have for them (photo booths, raw food bar, tasty party favors-no is ever too old for party favors!).

Before the gala madness begins, I am volunteering for the first time for one of our local (and my favorite) radio station, 88.9 Radio Milwaukee for the fall fund drive! This station always has great music AND they are really focused on being a part of the Milwaukee community and recognizing the different organizations that work to make a difference throughout it. If you are a local and have also enjoyed the awesome tunes of Radio Milwaukee, I highly encourage you to make a donation during the fall fund drive or look into volunteering for them (I'll also be helping out at the Brandi Carlile show next week-yay!)....it's how they make great music, programs, events, and everything else in between happen! 



p.s. if it's a ridiculously rainy day like it is here, I definitely recommend checking out the movie Argo-saw it last night...was thoroughly entertained, stressed out and impressed! 



No comments:

Post a Comment