Friday, October 5, 2012

this week: a baseball game & MKE film fest!


This week has just flown by, seriously! Not only is work life busy, but I feel like it's been busy with the "extracurriculars" too (never a bad thing!). Ry and I decided to go check out the Brewer's game on Tuesday night and it was so much fun! Thanks to some work perks, we were able to get some pretty great seats, especially since we bought them 30 minutes before the game, AND we were able to bike to the game from his parent's house...so between the great seats, fun bike ride, way too many peanuts and a few beers...we made out pretty well for a Tuesday night!
Wednesday night was full of debate watching and simultaneously watching my twitter feed explode with commentary-it was interesting/entertaining...the few glasses of wine weren't too bad either.
On top of the baseball and debate action, my mom and I decided to check out the Milwaukee Film Festival last night which has been going on since last week. We chose the "Milwaukee Show", a screening of about 10 short films all created by local filmmakers of the Cream City Cinema group. My mom and I were really impressed with the amount of people who came out for the screening and though the whole evening was fun and clearly well-organized! An added bonus for this screening was getting to hear from the directors and producers live after we watched their film, which allowed for some candid moments and added commentary on the creation of their work. One of my favorites from the night was "So I could Fly Away", which follows the director's (Blyth Renate Meier) father on his family's farm in North Dakota as he reminsces about his past. There was something very poignant about the way it was filmed and the stories he told that really struck a chord with me. If you're in the Milwaukee area, the film festival continues through October 11th and I highly recommend getting out and seeing a film or two!

No comments:

Post a Comment