Thursday, June 13, 2013

local spot: love handle


The other day a few of my co-workers and I decided to stroll over to Love Handle for a bite to eat. This Eastside cafe, owned by husband and wife Chris and Ally Benedyk, just opened a few weeks ago and I have had my eye on this place, watching it slowly take shape over the past few months. My curiosity was especially peeked when I had a chance to peruse their (ever-changing) menu: Buffalo duck croquettes, Black Tea Ginger ice cream (homemade!), foie gras cheese cake, black truffle bologna, and churros with spicy chocolate sauce to name a few.



I really love the interior design of Love Handle's space: clean, but charming with the chalkboard menu, paper table cloths, and fun art pieces on the walls. But onto the important things like what we ate! We all decided to go with a sandwich and chose the "Rollie Fingers" - Pulled Pork Shoulder, Pickled Watermelon Rind, Blue Cheese Aioli,  the "Mitch" - Egg Salad Fritters, Pea Shoots, Wine Mustard, and I had the "Love Handle" - Porchetta, Cactus Pickles, Tomato Jam.

Oh, man....were these sandwiches t-a-s-t-y! There was plenty to eat, so we all tried one another's pick, but I personally liked my sandwich (the Love Handle) best. Honestly, it was the tomato jam really pulled everything together and almost was like a sweet BBQ sauce. The porchetta wasn't too shabby either-very rich and savory. 

All in all, I would definitely recommend paying Love Handle a visit. Their menu is constantly changing and it looks like they are in no shortage of creative and eclectic choices. I know I will be heading back to give their homemade ice cream a whirl! 

No comments:

Post a Comment