Monday, June 3, 2013

local spot: wolf peach


It's been ages since I have given you a peek at the "local spots" around town and as we approach our one-year anniversary of the Milwaukee move, I feel like it's even more necessary to share the local spots we have been checking out!

On Friday night, my sister and I met up and decided to go to Wolf Peach for a belated birthday and graduation gift/celebration. My brother had been raving about the dishes he and his girlfriend had tried, so I was looking forward to finally giving it a try. Right away, I was smitten with the decor at Wolf Peach-a rustic and earthy vibe with a great view Milwaukee to boot. We lucked out and were able to grab a spot on the lower porch, crossed our fingers that the rain would hold off, and perused through the menu!

We decided to try a few different dishes...the fried broccoli with parmesan and picked jalapeno aioli sauce, roasted sweetbreads (our most daring dish) with vegetables, a carrot puree and caper brown butter. Lastly, we went with the lamb sausage, leek, mushroom, chili oil, and goat cheese wood-fired pizza! I unfortunately lost the pictures of some of the other dishes, so you will just have to trust me that they both looked and tasted amazing! I think that our favorite dishes were definitely the pizza and the fried broccoli...every pizza should be cooked in a wood-fire oven, that's all I'm sayin'.

We finished our meal by satisfying our sweet tooth's with the Wolf Peach Turtle trifle. So not necessary, but man was it goo-od! I would absolutely recommend trying this lovely little place out the next time you are choosing a restaurant-friendly service, delicious food, and a great view! I am looking forward to coming back and having Ry try it out too.






No comments:

Post a Comment