Thursday, March 28, 2013

gravity and grace | brooklyn art museum





images via

Have any of you east coasters checked out the Brooklyn Art Museum recently? I certainly wish I could because I would love to see El Anatsui's "Grace & Gravity" installment. The exhibit features over 30 works in metal and wood that have been created into some pretty amazing sculptures. "Anatsui converts found materials into a new type of media that lies between sculpture and painting, combining aesthetic traditions from his birth country, Ghana; his home in Nsukka, Nigeria; and the global history of abstraction..." I really like how transformative the work is, changing what you think material should/could be used for into something much more and very beautiful too.
If you are in New York, the exhibit is running until the beginning of August, so you should stop by...I know I would!

No comments:

Post a Comment