Friday, March 8, 2013

happy int'l women's day and 1000 Shillings sale!


It's international women's day people!

And even though you should always show love, appreciation, and respect for the women in your lives, take a moment today to go above and beyond. I know that I am incredibly blessed to have such amazing and inspiring women in my life: friends, family members, co-workers who have all taught me a little bit about myself and made me a better person.

Being that it is such a great day to support women, I have to mention my friends over at 1000 Shillings who continue to do amazing work with the women of the Namatala slums of Uganda. The Namatala ladies have made a lot of progress throughout this year-growing their businesses, being able to feed their families, and paying for education.

You can continue to help these incredible women by checking out their gorgeous handmade jewelry and taking advantage of their women's day sale! I've had my eye on the Ado necklace for awhile, so I might just have to get it today :)

p.s. If you are a photographer, filmmaker, journalist, product designer, or a social entrepreneur looking for a real adventure and what is sure to be an unforgettable experience, you should definitely check out the 1000 Shillings Fellowship opportunity for this coming summer. I so wish I could go, but I am hoping someone will see this and choose to be a part of something truly inspiring! Check it out, today!

No comments:

Post a Comment