Wednesday, March 27, 2013

in the kitchen: morning smoothie

image via

For the past year and a half, I have tried to incorporate some kind of "green smoothie" into my daily routine. Drinking green smoothies is a great way to get in your fruit & veggies for the day and if you're usually running out the door in the morning,  it can make your morning routine a bit easier since you can just take your breakfast to go! I have been playing around with different fruit combinations and thought I would share my current fave with you so you can try it out too. If you want to read more about the benefits of the green smoothie and other recipes, I recommend checking out Linda Wagner's blog here.

Pineapple-Banana-Blueberry-Kale Smoothie

1/2 banana
1/2 C frozen pineapple
1/4 C fresh or frozen blueberries
large handful of kale (leaves only, remove from stem)
1/3 C coconut water (regular water works just fine too!)

Place all ingredients into blender to mix. Once everything is thoroughly blended, pour into a glass or your to go cup and enjoy!

*note: if you include the blueberries in your smoothie, it won't exactly be a bright green color, but still delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment