Friday, April 12, 2013

currently 5.0


1 // 2 // 3 // 4


Reading  the insightful and incredibly educational, "In Defense of Food: An Eaters Manifesto" by Michael Pollan. After my girlfriend came to visit a few weeks ago, she left quite the impression me in regards to the food we eat, why we eat it, and where it comes from. Ry had read this book and with my renewed interest in the issue, I felt like it was the perfect time to dive into it. At times it is a lot of information to wrap my head around, but I would much rather be a thoughtful and informed eater, than clueless about what I am consuming. In my opinion, this should be on everyone's required reading list! 

Watching The Place Beyond the Pines! I have been looking forward to the opening of this movie (Ryan Gosling, Bradley Cooper, and Eva Mendes-a no brainer) and can't wait to go see this film tonight with Ry and a few friends. It's probably not the most uplifting film to watch on a Friday night, but I am hoping that it won't disappoint! 

(Not) loving the rain. It has been raining, practically non-stop, since Sunday and I am just itching for sunshine and warmth. Meanwhile, back in Duluth, almost everything is shut down because of a snow storm...so I suppose it could always be worse! Still, just a few rays of sunshine would do wonders! 

Excited to  check out the Milwaukee Art Museum's special exhibit, Bloom, this weekend with my mom! When I read about this exhibition of artistic floral arrangements, I knew this would 1. help to remedy the lack of spring here and 2. that my mom would be the perfect date to bring along :) I'll be sure to document my favorite arrangements to share with you! 



No comments:

Post a Comment