Friday, March 9, 2012

wish beads

 So I feel very blessed to have such a stellar extended family-despite the distance between us (they are all on the east coast), we all work hard to see each other each year. My cousins and I have stepped up to take on planning the reunion and now make it a yearly event to have a girls cousin weekend!
This year we are combining the visit in Philadelphia with a special baby shower for my cousin Katie-pregnant with her first (a baby girl!). Planning is fully under way and I just wanted to share one of my favorite things we are going to do....wish beads!
What is a wish bead you say? Also known as a "blessing bead", gives guests the opportunity to bring a bead of their choice and write down a wish, affirmation, story or blessing for the mom and baby...all the beads are then strung together and the mom-to-be keeps the necklace as a token of her friends/family's love, the support network during her pregnancy and for her experiences going into motherhood.
Though I am far from preparing for having a baby-I just love this idea and I am so excited to be a part of it. I think that I am going to even make my own bead, just to get real crafty with it!


 wish bead necklace

No comments:

Post a Comment