Wednesday, April 18, 2012

mid-week weekend recap

How is it already Wednesday?!
As soon as I start to think the week is going to drag on, I stumble upon Wednesday and realize I wish I had maybe a few more spare minutes in the week! In an attempt to slow things down this week, I thought I'd rewind a bit and share a few shots from our  visit to Minneapolis. We had lots of fun seeing our friends there and were part of a jam-packed show at First Ave. for 4ontheFloor...I felt like a sardine! 
Ry and I also went to Muddy Waters for a beer and ended staying for dinner too. We shared some really awesome yucca fries with a lime chimichurri sauce. For dinner, I had their delicious fish tacos (Brooklyn Lager tempura, slaw & red onions) and Ry went for a twist on some classic hot dogs with the Mexicali Dog (Beef dogs, bacon, Ancho, queso, cilantro AND radishes). Both dishes were delicious and I just love the whole ambience of Muddy Waters...annd it happens to be a frequent pit stop for some of our favorite performers from Doomtree-a hip-hop collective based in Minneapolis. No celeb spottings this time around though!

Saturday morning ended up being a gorgeous day in Minneapolis, so after having a big breakfast at the Uptown Diner, we decided a stroll around the neighborhood was a must! There were so many people out and about, enjoying the sun and taking advantage of the warmer weather...we've been pretty cooped up with this hit-or-miss spring we have been having! All in all it was a really nice weekend...a good mix of fun and relaxing!
strolling along the lake
I hope all of your weeks are moving as fast or as slow as you need them too! 
Until next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment