Tuesday, April 24, 2012

sweet n' spicy salmon tacos

Last night I whipped up some tasty salmon tacos for dinner using a modified version of this recipe I found. I had intended on grilling up the fish but I decided to just bake it instead which worked out just great! 
I put the rub on the salmon; a mix of brown sugar, chili pepper, and garlic.
While I let that sit and let the oven preheat to 400, I decided to use some left over purple cabbage to make a salad as a topping for the tacos...I shredded carrots, jicama, chopped red peppers and some red onion. For a light dressing, I used some of the leftover mix from the rub and added lime juice and oil, which turned out really well and added a nice lil kick to it because of the chili pepper.
I baked the salmon for 20 mins and it turned out perfectly! It flaked really nicely to divide up for Ry and I to add to our tacos (used corn tortillas from the Co-op) and I also diced up a bit of avocado to add on top as well. All in all, I'd say this was a success and we will definitely make these again. I would even have just the salmon with the rub on it's on with a different side.

Try them out and let me know how it goes! Bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment