Thursday, April 19, 2012

off to the windy city!

I am SO excited to be heading out to Chicago later today for a long overdue weekend to see some of friends in the "big city". I went to school/lived in Chicago for about five years and it will always have such a special place in my heart. 
photo by Drew Castelhano Photography
One of my favorite things about traveling to Chicago is that I still feel right at home there. For those of you who know me, I have practically no sense of direction, so after living there for so long, I was finally able to get myself around the city without getting completely turned around! Now when I am back in town, I can get around to all my favorite spots and not feel like a complete tourist (not that being a tourist doesn't come with its own fun!). My good girlfriend will be in from Nashville as well, which makes the trip even better since visits are so hard to figure out with all of us being all over the place these days. 
I hope to spend some time strolling downtown, getting my haircut by my fave stylist at Art + Science salon, exploring Wicker Park, and of course simply enjoying the company of the people that aren't in my life quite as much as I like!
Enjoy the rest of your day...it's practically Friday, which means it's practically the weekend for all of you who are putting in hard work for the rest of the week :)

p.s. thoughts on the few changes to the blog? still playing around with blogger a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment