Sunday, January 13, 2013

girls and golden globe extravaganza!

I hope all of you are enjoying this lovely weekend (though many aren't pleased with the Packer loss here in the Wisco)! I just finished moving into my apartment-thanks to the help of my family and Ry and now the unpacking fun will begin...but first...GIRLS! And the Golden Globes! 

I know that everyone and their mother, well maybe sister, has hopped on the Girls bandwagon, but I'd say it's for good reason. The terribly awkward, but totally relatable (for us 20-something ladies) and funny lives of Hannah, Marnie, Shoshana, and Jessa have me totally hooked. If you are into the fashion, or perhaps lack of fashion at times, check out this great interview with the show's costume designer, Jenn Rogien, on Cup of Jo.




Lena Dunham is great and even though some have criticized her for the series (listen to the Fresh Air interview here), I think that she has created exactly what we wanted to see! So whether you love the show or hate it, I know that I am super excited to hang out with some friends tonight, order take out and laugh/cringe and all the ridiculousness of the second season of Girls. Oh and let's not forget-Tina Fey and Amy Poehler are hosting the Golden Globes tonight...the cherry on top of an exciting weekend! 




No comments:

Post a Comment