Friday, May 3, 2013

currently 6.0



Reading...honestly, I am still reading In Defense of Food (it's been a busy week or so!), but I am wanting to dive into Gillian Flynn's Dark Places real soon! I really liked her other book, Gone Girl (disturbing and creep as it was), so I think that this murder mystery will be right up my alley. Have any of you read it yet? If all else fails, I've got tons of books on my GoodReads list that I can check out!

Listening to The Great Gatsby's soundtrack (finally!). Once again, NPR's First Listen gets a high-five from me for giving us a sneak peek at the much-anticipated and talked about musical score. The soundtrack was produced by Jay-Z himself and features some of my favorites: Florence + the Machine, The xx, and Goyte. We still have to wait a week for the film itself to debut (who's planning on seeing it?), but I think this will keep me satisfied until then!

Loving SPRING! 'nuff said. No but really, despite this weekend's forecast not being that exciting, this past week we finally got a taste of some long overdue, glorious spring weather-thank goodness! Now I just need to get myself a new bike and life will be really good...

Excited for a weekend with the family to celebrate Liv's college graduation. One of the best things about being back in Milwaukee has been the time we have been able to spend with both of our families. Even with this extra time together, weekends away with everyone are still just as fun and meaningful-especially when celebrating such an exciting accomplishment. We opted to use airbnb.com to find accomodations for all of us and stumbled upon this great ranch house...literally...it's a ranch! So I am sure the weekend will be nothing less than entertaining and full of laughs.


No comments:

Post a Comment