Thursday, May 16, 2013

one corner at a time: the bedroom

It's been awhile since I have shown you some of the progress I have made on the apartment and it is certainly feeling much more like home these days! Without realizing it, I sort of based the colors on my room off of a Swell Season concert poster (you can see a lil corner of it in the second to last photo) and used some cooler colors in my room compared to the rest of the apartment, making black & white, a jewel-toned green, and soft yellows the color palate....




As you can see, I have a few pairs of glasses (I blame Warby Parker and BonLook for my addiction). After seeing this idea on I Spy DIY, I decided it'd be more fun to show them off, using the hanger, than hide them in a drawer. I also really wanted some kind of vanity for the room, but didn't want to break the bank, so I figured I would try to use what I already had to create what I was looking for. By using one of my pashmina scarves on top of my old Ikea desk and getting a nicely framed mirror, I think I was able to accomplish the goal (more or less). I still peruse craigslist and antique shops every once and awhile to see if I can find a "genuine" vanity. My other "pride and joy" is the jewelry holder I made using a vintage frame I found a year or two ago-love it! 

I have the tendency to change my mind about what I want my sleeping space to feel and look like, but for right now I feel like it suits me well. My next bedroom project will be painting my dresser (not pictured) and hopefully finding some new knobs for the dresser drawers-maybe some like this or this!

Thanks for letting me share a bit of my space with you...more to come at a later date (dying to show off my kilim rug I bought a few months ago!)...have a lovely Thursday!

2 comments:

  1. Love your cute little glasses! Thanks for sharing! Xo, M&K at brewedtogether.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you-glasses are my favorite accessory :)thanks for stopping by!

      Delete