Tuesday, May 14, 2013

people vs. places






Not too many words for you today, so I thought I would share a photo project that I have been loving lately. 

People vs Places is a collaboration between photographers, Stephanie Bassos and Timothy Burkhart. This is a double exposure project, in which one of the duo shoots a roll of 35mm film and then the other uses the same roll of film to shoot again (typically "people" by Stephanie and "places" by Timothy) creating a beautifully, unplanned final product. Despite the unedited and unstructured nature of the project, the two have managed to create some pretty memorable and artistic images. I know I would love to have one or two of these in my apartment...what do you think? Feel free to check out their interview with Kodak's 1000 Words blog for more discussion on the creation of this project and how they work together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment