Monday, June 18, 2012

Oh Monday...

I unfortunately very little to report to you this Monday afternoon...my weekend consisted of too much work and not quite enough play. I had a bit of time though to play with Reef (Ry's pup), help with painting the house, caught up in the first episode of True Blood (madnees!) and of course, get some reading done. So not too shabby considering too much time was spent inside! 
 One awesome thing I can tell you is that we officially are owners of a classy Kitchen Aid blender!!! Ry had purchased one (after months of me talking about how we needed one) and we are both pumped. Naturally, I had to start my day off with one of the many smoothie recipes I have had stored away on Pinterest. 



Green Monster smoothie adapted from Sing for Your Supper
1/2 banana, roughly chopped
1/2 cup fresh blueberries
1 small peach, peeled and roughly chopped
1 heaping cup (or more) fresh spinach leaves, thoroughly rinsed
splash vanilla soy milk
1 tablespoon Greek yogurt
2 teaspoons honey
1/2 cup crushed ice



Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
**the original recipe on Sing for your Supper makes about 2 servings, but mine made about 1 serving**


No comments:

Post a Comment