Friday, June 1, 2012

Happy Friday!

Well, Ry is off in the Boundary Waters for a canoe/camping trip with the boys, so I'll be on my own for the weekend, but I've got some fun things to look forward too! Tonight I am hoping to make it to one of our local galleries, Prove Collective, which is hosting an event for the Duluth Superior Film Festival! The show will feature the latest collection of art that has been curated by the Collective, as well as a special cinema installment by local filmmakers, Kathy McTavish and Jacob Swanson. I haven't been to Prove as often as I would like, but every time I am there it reminds me of gallery shows I have been to in Chicago-always a good DJ and tasty beer (this time FREE beer from the local Lake Superior Brewing Co.)


As I mentioned yesterday, I will be volunteering for the film festival this Saturday and I am really looking forward to being a part of this event. I am stationed at the Zinema and they will be featuring the following films: "Northern Lights," "We Run Sh*t," and "Holiday Beach"...all of the films have interesting stories to tell, some documentaries and others based on true events. You can watch the trailers for these films and all the others on the festival's site here.

I'm also hoping to get some major organizing done, I know reallllyyy exciting, but sometime it is just necessary! Other than that, hopefully relaxing and catching up on some reading will get accomplished as well : ) What are your plans for the weekend? 
See you Monday! 










No comments:

Post a Comment