Tuesday, August 14, 2012

(belated) weekend recap!

Once again I was swept up in the beginning of my week and have been m.i.a. from love type thing world-my apologies. I am happy to report that I did have a pretty swell weekend with my family! 

Friday night my younger (and only) sister got back from her summer-long internship in Indiana and I was (and still am) oh so happy to have her around for a bit before she has to head back to Indiana for her last year of college! I don't know how many of you out there are the eldest child or just have a younger sibling, but it is such a weird/awesome/crazy/cool thing to see your siblings all of the sudden become adults...where does the time go?! Anyways, my parents invited us to join them on their traditional Friday night outing to the local "Summer Sounds"-a Friday night jam each week throughout the summer that features one or two different bands, usually from the midwest area. It was a perfect night-cool breeze, tasty drinks & food, good tunes, and of course great company :)


Saturday continued to be a great day....I got to catch up with one of my dearest girlfriends from college who was passing through the area for a wedding. She and I always have the best chats and I miss her "in-person" company and friendship, but we make it work despite the distance between here and D.C! Most of the day and evening was relaxing, finishing up with a much needed (and delicious) run to Noodles & Co. and Red Box with my sister...pasta, movies, red wine, and my sister make for a great night.

The weekend wrapped up with a classic Sunday night dinner: bbq pork loin, polenta, roasted veggies, and homemade french bread. And some awesome pie. Annnd the Olympics, naturally. I hope you had a great weekend too...stop back in later for my mini-peach crumble recipe-tried it out last night and it was DEElicious! 

No comments:

Post a Comment