Monday, August 6, 2012

weekend recap

I hope all of you were able to take advantage of your weekend-I know I tried to fit in what I could! On Friday night I met a friend for some eats at Milwaukee spot, the Eatery-I went with the portabella mushroom sandwich and sipped on a cold Lakefront Brewery IPA. After catching up for awhile, we headed down to the Urban Island party at the Lakeshore State Park, a small park that is close to the Modern Art Museum & Discovery World in downtown Milwaukee. 


I actually never even knew about this park, so I was really excited to be able to check it out. I do wish we could have been able to be a part of the event during the day because they did kayaking, paddle board demos, and even a hula performance, but we weren't able to get down there til later on in the evening. Still, it was a lot of fun to hang out for a bit and be a part of something new. After that, we met up with some other friends and grabbed a drink at one of the local bars, Hotel Foster...they serve their drinks in mason jars, enough said. 

The rest of the weekend was a lot of fun too! I finally went to see Beasts of the Southern Wild-beautiful story & acting (had a good cry), and I went on a three hour bike ride on Sunday around town and out to the bluffs for an awesome view of lake Michigan! It has been waaayyy too long since I have made biking a part of my routine, so despite some challenging hills and maybe getting lost (I'm directionally challenged!), it felt really good to spend the afternoon cruising around.


My Monday flew by, which is great because my sister is coming home Friday AND my dearest friend  from college will be in town on Saturday! So there is plenty to look forward to as the week goes on :)

No comments:

Post a Comment