Friday, August 10, 2012

in the kitchen: Greek dip

A few weeks ago, I made this tasty (no-bake!) party dip from Iowa Girl Eats to bring over to my co-workers house and it was GOOD!
I always get a little nervous when I decide to bring something I haven't tried out before but I felt confident about the simplicity of the recipe & knew all the ingredients couldn't possibly fail!

Greek Dip via Iowa Girl Eats

Base layer ingredients:
-6 oz. plain Greek yogurt
-10oz red pepper hummus (I went with the recommended Sabre brand, but you could always grab your favorite)

Toppings:
-crumbled feta cheese
-kalamata olives, chopped
-Roma tomatoes, diced
-red onion, minced
-cucumber, chopped
-optional: fresh parsley

Put it all together!
-Spread the yogurt for first layer on your plate (you want one with a deeper bowl to it). Then use your hummus for the second layer.
-Sprinkle your toppings evenly on the hummus....and you're done!
-you can serve with cucumbers, carrots, or whole grain crackers...I decided to use pita chips!
Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment