Wednesday, August 22, 2012

red lipstick + supporting girls' education= a perfect match!


I think it is safe to say that red lipstick is all the rage right now and maybe it's possible that it always has been, but now I just feel like I can actually wear it. Only trouble is that red lipstick sometime looks weird with my olive skin-any other olive-skinned ladies out there have the same issue? Well, lucky for you, one of my favorite singers/writers, Dessa, has partnered with a Minneapolis-based make-up creator, Karoline Wells of Elixery, to come up with a special red lip stick that not only works for those of us with olive-skin, but it also is helping to support girls education!



For every lipstick purchased, Dessa is donating 100% of her proceeds to the charitable organization,CARE, where they will use the funds to support girls' education around the world. Pretty great, right? I thought so!

Sidenote: I don't recall if I have told you about my love for singer/writer, Dessa, of the group Doomtree and also an independent performer of Doomtree Records. Well let me tell you, she is pure great! Dessa has some AHmazing music, truly a talented writer and continually makes an effort to connect with different causes throughout the Minneapolis community, as well as internationally.

Dessa wearing "Dessa"!

Long story short, if you are looking for a new (cruelty-free) lipstick and like supporting great causes, you should visit to get your "Dessa" lipcolor today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment